LilCherie'sWorld

Monday, February 20, 2006

ahh, another week begins....

"I don't want to be an adult anymore"--my husband at the end of a Monday!

Another weekend came to a close. They go so fast. This one started with a great impromptu "Girl's Night" on Friday night. "Girl's Night" has become a necessity it seems for me and several of my friends. This "Girl's Night" occurred at my friend, S's home. S and I go way back. We have been friends since second grade and now we have reached our mid-thirties. We are pushing almost 25 years of friendship. She has seen me at my worst and she still claims me as a friend. The thing I love most about S is her sense of humor. She can make me laugh until I almost wet myself. And that has happened at a "Girl's Night" or two! Our times together have taken on a life of their own. They have led us to creating our own website, www.snicklesnackle.com, that include our rants about life, twisted with our dark senses of humor. This past "Girl's Night" started with the eulogy for S that I wrote. It was S's idea. We decided that if either one of us should die, that it would be good to have this item prepared. Then we decided that on top of that, everyone should get to hear their eulogy before they die--after all I would think that people never get to hear those things, including all of the good stuff. S's friend, M was present as well. M is a "newer" friend of S's but just as close somehow I think they are cut from the same cloth in a lot of ways. If you want to see women cry, read a sappy eulogy!! It was so very cathartic. Then this was followed by an analysis of my love life prior to marriage that I will not go into detail here...But somehow S & M found this to be pretty amusing in itself. We vented and talked until about 2 am.

I spent Saturday being a "Mom". I took my son to see Curious George. It is nice to be able to have an excuse to see kids' movies!! He seemed to enjoy it. We went to Michael's (the store) before hand. Four-year-olds and craft stores are not that compatible. I spose it is like going into a hardware store with your dad when you are a little girl! Poor kid!

Sunday, I hung out with S & M again. We went shopping. S brought her son with. He is an adorable one-year-old. He is at the fun age where he is just starting to interact and communicate with words. We went clothes shopping and to a book store.

My energy levels are rapidly dropping!! I should save some for the rest of the week....and that's sad because it is only Monday!!

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Depressionista said...

Hey Lil Cherie, that eulogy rocked my world. I've thought about it often since then and realize I need to have a copy if you don't mind, because I was crying too much to absorb the whole thing! Thanks for saying such nice things about me.

I love hubby's comment. That's exactly how I feel every morning...in fact, I said the same thing today.

Can't wait for your next post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home