LilCherie'sWorld

Saturday, February 25, 2006

I have had a vagina for 35 years....

Hey
First of all I have to apologize to my faithful readers. More than likely, I am not going to be a daily blogger. I am a combination of too busy and too lazy...the unfortunate part is that I cannot use my computer at work for such things....and I have a four-year-old that knows how to use the computer about as good as I do at times!!

My revelation of the week--I need to overhaul my life. Anyone that knows me, knows that the bane of my existence is my teeth. I have very bad teeth. Already, since the first of the year I have required two root canals and two fillings...very sad. So when I saw my dentist for the last root canal he says to me that he believes that I am still having acid reflux...Acid coming into my mouth at night while I am sleeping, etching my teeth therefore making them breakdown. Now he has mentioned this to me before on numerous occasions. It just has taken my about 6 rootcanals and over like 25 fillings to really get off of my ass and do something about it. I have talked to my doctor about acid reflux before and did a short bout of medication. I can't really tell if I have acid reflux by how I feel.

Anyway, I went to see my doctor on Friday for this, for flu-like symptoms and for an itchy, burny crotch. It was one of those doctor's visits where you leave and its like you were never really there or you knew all of the answers all along! The good news is I don't have a yeast infection. Of course I get the speech about not using bubble bath, scented toilet paper, etc--and all I wanted to say was "No shit, Sherlock...I have been the proud owner of a vagina for the last 35 years, if I don't know this crap by now, I would be a complete idiot." Flu-like symptoms--there is never anything that can be done for flu-like symptoms. The acid reflux--well, on Monday I have to go in for a barium swallow. Basically you drink a bunch of barium while they X-ray you to see if the plumming all works. I am interested to see what barium tastes like. To my knowledge, I have never drank anything radioactive before...I will have to let you know how that goes.

Of course, as I suspected by doctor says to me one of the best things you can do for the acid reflux is quit smoking, in addition to losing weight. Gee, I wonder if this is why I haven't wanted to deal with this. And I have started thinking, you know I spend thousands of dollars on dental work--maybe it would be a good idea to really "get healthy". So like Depressionista's mission improve her marriage...this is my mission to save my teeth, my wallet, and more than likely add a couple more years on to my blissfully apathetic existence. I will be taking you along on this exciting journey--I am sure it will be a rollercoaster ride as I have a real oppositional side and enjoy a good amount of decadence. The real challenge will be to be healthy but still nurture my inner Snickle Snackler....but I believe it can and will be done!!

3 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger Tingle said...

What a doctor's appointment! I think I might consider getting a new one. A doctor should not so easily dismiss an itchy, burning crotch - especially if it's not a yeast infection.

I'm on a similar mission to get healthy, although I refuse to put it on my blog or in writing, or even utter it outloud because then I might have to really do it.

Good for you for putting it out there! I think you can do it! And you've got a built-in Snickle Snackle Support Group!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Depressionista said...

I love how you describe your doctor's visit as one of those visits where you leave and it's like you were never there...I have SO been there!

You know how I feel about your mission to get healthier. Yes, I'm threatened by it, okay???? Of course it would be lovely for you to extend your life; unfortunately, I probably won't be around to share it because there's no way in hell I'm stopping smoking anytime soon and as for all the rest of my bad habits, they're not even on the list at the moment!

Good luck Lil Cherie! I'll be sabotaging you (did I say that? Oh, I meant rooting for you) all the way!

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya! I get so sick of hearing, "if you would just loose weight..." Well if it was that freaking easy then don't you think I would have dropped the extra pounds long ago! Of course we all know that we should loose some weight, quit smoking, etc. I want to be right there with you trying to loose some weight and get healthier but I feel like I can never get ahead. Just when I feel like I can get back on a work out routine I end up working 60 hours a week and I just don't have the energy to exercise. I hate having a job that sometimes I am so emotionally exhausted that I feel like a vegetable when I get home. Someday I am gonna do it all....

I love the comment about having your vagina for 35 years....that's great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home