LilCherie'sWorld

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Back to the Land of the Living....

..or at least the land of the pseudo-living! Sheesh....I am recovering from one of the worst cold/flu illnesses I have had in a long time. I spent the last two days pretty much sleeping. I was home sick from work TWO days in a row. Those of you that know me, know this is pretty rare. I hate staying home sick if I can avoid it. Its like I am coming out of this crazy haze of illness. Yesterday I put a sincere effort into going to work...I actually drove to work, got there and sat at my desk....I sat there looking at all of the shit I needed to do and didn't really understand any of it and thought "what am I suppose to do now". It seemed like anything I would have to do including phone calls, talking to any other human beings was going to be way more work than I anticipated....Like I was in some foreign world. It was at that point that I realized I was way too sick and out of it to be dealing with human beings and trying to help family's keep small children safe...
The only good thing that has come out of this illness is that I have seriously cut back on smoking. During the throws of the whole illness, I smoked on Sunday morning--one cigarette. Then today I had two smokes....Not too bad overall in my move to be healthier. Food was another issue today...I had to have a frosted sugar cookie and a bag of gummy worms from Casey's across from our local women's drug rehab center when I went there for a meeting today...something about frosted sugar cookies that gets me every time.
Tonight, my husband, R, offered to fry us up some dinner, bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, the whole works... One of my favorite meals is breakfast for dinner. We recently broke out my Gramma G's old electric skillet...that thing makes me nostalgic. Now, Gramma G was not my favorite Gramma but she was a woman of her era. When I see that electric grill I am reminded of her in her white tank top, big old cleavage with her hanky nestled between her large breasts, smashing potato pancakes for our lunch. She was a gossiper, the kind of Gramma you go visit and she tells you what nasty thing the neighbor has been up to and you have no idea how she could have gotten that juicy bit of gossip. I hate to admit it....as much as it pains me...I got a bit of Gramma G in me....I like a good juicy bit of gossip...So I am a bit trashy at times....I think a true Snickle Snackler revels in her trashy side....Thanks, Gramma G!!!

2 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger Depressionista said...

Hey LilCherie,
I don't know if it was intentional or not, but I think it was hilarious that you broke down and got a sugar cookie and gummy worms right across from the Women's Drug Rehab Center!!!! We all have our addictions, don't we?

I'd like to hear more about Gramma G. I mean, of course I know about her, but we haven't gone "deep" with her really, have we?

I'm glad you're feeling better. Your description of your illness so accurately describes mine that you'd think we'd have SnickleSnackled together lately, but alas, no such luck. I'm still crossing my fingers for this weekend!

Love ya!

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Tingle said...

Seeing as how I just scarfed down a poptart from my emergency stash, rather than eating a healthy yogurt for breakfast, I completely sympathize with your need for the sugar cookie and gummies. On my walk to my office this morning, I suddenly wanted a chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven - and I wanted it BAD! In perfect timing, my boss gave me a chocolate marshmallow egg, which will fit the craving. It's sitting here tempting me right at this moment.

I am so glad I escaped that illness that you and Depressionista got. It sounds miserable. I'm glad the fog is starting to lift.

Gramma G sounds trashy in the best way there is - the way that you can't get enough of! I love those people who always have juicy gossip, so that, even when they annoy you, you don't want to stop being around them because you don't want to miss out on some really juicy bit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home