LilCherie'sWorld

Sunday, November 26, 2006

A Moment of Stupidity...

You know, you would think by now, at the ripe old age of 35 I would not do such stupid things. Let me start by saying I spent my morning hemming up what I call "my airplane suit", a very cumfy light blue velour jogging suit. This outfit has quite history. I bought it to wear on the plane for our trip to Amsterdam. And of course, on the plane ride Aunt Flo decided to make an appearance--just a slight drop of red on the underwear at that point. I thought I had time. So I let it go...by the time we arrived at the hotel in Amsterdam the entire crotch was ruby red and I was amazed that I did not have Dutch people staring at me in horror. But I managed to do quite the soaking job and there is no sign of Aunt Flo any more. Anyway--they have been way too long from the get go and have had brown stains at the bottom from walking on them, I trimmed them up and did a nice hem job.

Stupid thing I did this morning. I can't leave burning candles/melting candles alone. I have one of those warming units for candles. Its electric and plugs in. I put a new candle in this morning. I put my airplane suit on. Then decided to push on the candle after it had been in the warmer for about an hour and a half melting. My finger burst through the top of the candle, shooting hot, dark brown, coffee scented wax all over my hand and my awesome light blue velour airplan suit jacket.

I just spent some time looking up how to get rid of candle wax from clothing. I found a web site: http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf489746.tip.html. It has the old iron trick mentioned. I guess I will be spending the next hour of my morning trying to rescue the airplane suit jacket! As my mother would say, "first you play , then you pay". I will let you know how the iron method works.

Eating healthy update: Thanksgiving is a bitch if you want to eat healthy. And of course, my husband's mother had to send half of a cake home with us for his birthday. I need to stop eating it. But yesterday I had sushi, water, and hot tea for lunch and soup for supper. I am climbing back up on the wagon, slowly but surely.

Toe update: The damn cyst is still oozing. Looks like cauterizing may be in my future. I see Dr. C this week. I will let you know how that goes.

1 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Tingle said...

I love the Airplane Suit! And all the stories that go with it. Hope it pulls through this newest crisis. My mom always had a trick of putting things into the freezer to get wax off - for glass and stuff, it would just pop right out once it was in the freezer for an hour or so. Maybe that would work for clothes, too?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home