LilCherie'sWorld

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Oh, the Life of Domestic Goddess...

I realized today that it is has been over a month since I have posted anything...not that there really has been anything that exciting to post about but I hate to let my readers down!:)

So let me just share some of accomplishments and quips of the past weeks.

  • My brother is getting married this weekend--and even to a woman that I am welcoming with open arms into my family...A normal, nice, intelligent woman...I am appreciative of this because there are not many of those in my family already! Someone that does not go on and on about her health issues, interrupt discussions with inane comments regarding how cute her husbands' ears are. Someone who I can truly have a good time with.
  • Two weeks ago, I went to my future sister-in-laws bachelorette party. Ok, I love her dearly but her choices in bars frightens me. First of all, I am utterly amazed at how many people you can pack into a bar--and then expect them to dance--and that people find this to be enjoyable in anyway. I went with Depressionista--the poor, poor girl...she got through with the help of her anti-anxiety medication and a few drinks. We both realized how old we were...and I felt very naughty when I noticed how cute some of the guys were and that I am old enough to be their mother....When did that happen!
  • I also felt naughty when Depressionista and I stopped at the adult store on the way to the bachelorette part. It was a pretty nice one along I-80--every vibrator one could imagine. I thought I was being tame and tasteful buying the future bride a small vibrator in purple--one of her wedding colors. I gave it to her at the party--you would think that I gave her a 36 inch dildo with veins, etc. She was shocked. And I was shocked that I was the only one that bought her something naughty...what is it with kids these days?? They could have gone hog wild with that. And the other girls at the party said that my future sister-in-law was saying she was going to be embarrassed seeing a stripper if I was with...sheesh, she has a few things to learn about me yet, huh!?
  • I finished making my dress for the wedding...and it fits. I think it looks ok...maybe I will do something wild like put a picture up here after the wedding. I also made a matching purse, and a tie for my husband....that's enough to about make one vomit...but I just couldn't stop once I got started.
  • I also managed to make the earrings that go with the necklace functional again. I picked the fabric for the dress for the wedding to go with a jewelry set from my grandma. (Grandma is going to be at the wedding as well...her mind is so bad that she probably wont remember me let alone her jewelry--sad, but I feel like it is a nice tribute to her) I cut the clip-on portion off of the back of the earring and attached a post with a jumpring. Now they look like a delightful dangling earring set...score!!
  • My son is going to be the ring bearer in this wedding...he is going to be so damn cute in that tux....hopefully he will willingly walk down the aisle and I wont have to buy an entire Hot Wheels collection for him.
  • The gardening season is in full swing...not exciting to many people, but it makes me feel better!

So I am sure that after this weekend I will have much more to say...including how wonderful the wedding was and how if I had to spend anymore moments with my family I would have to shoot myself in the head!

1 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger Depressionista said...

Good job on the post! I got some nice chuckles out of it, and you know I loooove being mentioned--makes me feel like a celebrity! I can't wait to see the earrings....my god, I haven't even started thinking about accessories for my outfit...I still need my body-shaper/girdle contraption...I don't own any hose...I'm woefully unprepared! But...oh well!

Can't wait to see the little D-man walking down the aisle (hey, did you realize that D-man sounds like demon? I didn't mean it that way, but it's kinda funny!) Thanks for blogging, it made my day. I'll try to reciprocate soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home