LilCherie'sWorld

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Sailing the Bad Luck Sea....

...I feel like that is the best summary for my week. I say that because nothing absolutely horrendous has happened...just some extremely annoying, time consuming things. Like I am "sailing", not "drowning" or "flailing" or "hanging on for dear life".

Wednesday, Nathan, a very nice man from my bank calls me to inform me that "there has been several suspicious transactions on my bank account". Roughly, $1022 worth of "suspicious transactions" that occurred in Italy. Unfortunately, I have been right here in my little old town in the middle of the USA. Somehow, someone counterfeited by ATM card and used it in is several machines in Italy. I got to see a printout with the successful attempts and the unsuccessful ones as well. Four three days, instead of working an honest job, some some sap was surviving off of me. This person withdrew about $255 dollars a day...the max that he/she could. (Somehow, I want to assume its a man, who knows) For three days... he got a little more the fourth day. I am just so happy that Nathan noticed this. I am sure it became a bit more apparent when this made my checking account go about $400 in the hole. So far I am the only person in the real world that I have known this to happen to...what are the fucking chances of that anyway? Luckily, this is one of the reasons that banks have insurance and they charge all of those annoying fees for thing...they were able to reimburse my account with the entire amount. Now I just have to do a credit record check to assure they stole nothing else of my identity and go from there....fucking scary...

Then today, I took my son in to have his hearing retested. Before we got there, I was feeling like it may not go the best. Since I have really had to yell his name to get his attention. At first I thought he just wasn't listening to me. It turns out he has fluid behind his eardrums. He "has the most hearing loss he can have due to fluid in his ears". He hasn't complained of sore ears. He has had a bit of a runny nose due to allergies. Well, that makes a mom feel like shit...I was thinking he just wasn't paying attention to me...I didn't think there could be a physiological reason for him to not respond to me...I was just assuming it was open defiance...luckily, all I did was say his name a bit louder when I was frustrated. So tomorrow we have an appointment with the family doctor to see where we go from here. Tubes may be in his future. But I am hoping we can get by with some allergy treatments.

What really started my week off was a call from my crazy sister. I am not in the mood to go into great detail at this time....lets just say my 31 year old sister called me to ask me if she should go on disability because "her body is falling apart". She was crying...she didn't know what to do. She hurt her back the day before at work. She sees thirteen different doctors. She is on so many medications, etc. etc. I could and probably will do an entire entry on the impact of having an insane sibling...

...but for now I will continue my voyage on "The Sea of Bad Luck"....

2 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Depressionista said...

Hey girl,
You forgot to mention that the whole week you were PMSing, and still you soldiered on admirably. I think you did a great job of "sailing" the sea last week. I hope the waters this week will be calmer.

You are the only person I know in the real world who's had the stolen identity thing happen to as well. I'm somewhat shocked that it wasn't me...but then again, most of my bad luck happens in the health realm. Maybe we should smudge ourselves sometime soon-hehehe.

And don't feel like a shitty mom. A shitty mom wouldn't have taken her kid back for the recheck or to the doctor at all. And speaking of the little guy's ears, in case I forget to mention it, didn't you tell me something about chiropractic for ear fluid or something? Maybe you could try that??

Talk to you soon!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Tingle said...

That IS a sucky week! I hope things have been better since then.

That is so crazy about the ATM card, but I'm glad it worked out for the best. Kinda reminds me of those "Citi identity theft" commercials where they voice over with someone who stole the person's identity... "700 dollars for a leather bustier? I didn't care... it lifts and separates!!"

Poor little man - I hope you'll post an update since I don't think I've heard one lately, but hope he's OK.

Wow - your sister, and then some recent happenings, you must be feeling pretty overwhelmed with your family lately...

I agree, a cleansing ritual is in order for all of us, I think!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home