LilCherie'sWorld

Thursday, July 06, 2006

No work, no cry....

My two week vacation is coming to a close. I would like to thank Depressionista and Itchy Tingle (from here on out for the sake of simplicity and because it is kind of funny, I will refer to them as S & M) for a fabulous vacation to Cleveland that started last Wednesday and ended this past Monday. To be honest, I was impressed with Cleveland. I found the people to be very friendly and not nearly as trashy as some of the people here in Iowa. Plus they have those cute accents. The food was awesome.

M, I really appreciated your generosity--letting stay at your house, use your awesome tub and eat your food. And I love all of the fun stuff that you gave me. And I loved hearing about your trip to China.

Here is a question that I feel could use some discussion:
So now that I have come and stayed at your house, M, where does our relationship go from here? And S, how do feel about this? I have never had the opportunity to ask a question like this and I thought the "blog world" is a good safe place to just lay it out there. Where are the boundaries on friendships of this nature? Do I continue to find out how you are doing M, through S, or can I give you a call once in awhile to check in? Are you comfortable with this, S? The whole friendship boundary can get kind of weird in situations like this. I don't want anyone to feel left out. I would like to hear your thoughts on this topic. I guess sometimes, I get stuck in thinking there is a "right way and a wrong way" in friendships when really, it is what everyone is comfortable with...just let me know where all of your comfort levels are.

Yesterday we accomplished another milestone. My son got tubes in his ears and his adnoids out. It went very well--it helps when you expect it to be hell. He didn't cry at all during the morning. I had the best "mom moment" ever after he got out from surgery and was in recovery. He had picked out a teddy bear from the surgery center's collection. The nurse was asking him about it and he said "its for my mom". Of course, that started the flood gate of tears, the kid is having surgery done and he thinks of getting something for me. We came home, he took a nap, and started to eat pretty much normal food that evening. Now that I think about it, I don't think he took a pain killer that whole time. Sheesh...he is more a man than I am.

I apologize for just how lame of a post this is. But I am having difficulty focusing on any one thing in my life at this time. I feel a bit scattered but I am actually enjoying it. There has been a nice sense of tranquility with this vacation!

2 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger Depressionista said...

Hi LilCherie! You posted! I'm so happy!

By all means, if you want to talk directly to the bossy, high maintenance, road-raging bundle that is M, be my guest!!! :-)

No, seriously, I feel totally comfortable with whatever level of personal contact you and M. wish to pursue. Usually the friends in our lives come through you, LilCherie, so I'm happy to be able to make the wonderful contribution that is Tingle.

Of course, there are a few rules, which I will put out there for discussion:

1.You and Tingle must remember that should any shit come down, you two can't side against me (unless it's as a loving intervention into one of my many addictive/self-destructive behaviors).

2. In the event of shit coming down, your individual relationships with me must trump the LilCherie/Tingle relationship. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

3. You may feel free to bitch, good-naturedly, about my shortcomings or let off steam to one another about how negative, annoying or needy I can be. Be warned, however, that I may, in times of insecurity, pump for information.

4. Similarly, I will also feel free to bitch, good-naturedly, about both of you to each other. Such comments need to be taken in the spirit of lighthearted bemusement/psychotic rage in which they are spoken.

5. Any activities of a sexual nature must include me.

6. I already have dibs on marrying M., so don't even go there LilCherie!!!!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Tingle said...

LC, I had to smile at this, although I can understand it, I kinda thought we could always talk if we wanted to. But I think we'll have to put a hold on any relationships until you switch over to Verizon. HAHAHA

It's interesting to me that I get along so well with you and I consider us friends, for sure. Usually, I can't stand my friends' best friends, if you know what I mean. They are usually not people I'd pick as friends and I just pretend to like them for the sake of my friend. You are certainly an exception, and I told Depressionista that from the first time I met you - that I could see us being friends, and that doesn't usually happen to me with friends of friends.

Woo-hoo! We have permission (rule #1) to intervene into Depressionista's addictive behaviors!!! I'm going to print this and carry it around with me!

As for rule #3, I think this is only fair since I know you two had to vent about me at some points.

I'm not even sure what to think about rule #5...

Lilcherie, I had a blast with both you and Depressionista! I'm honored that you guys would like to spend your vacation with me and fly all the way out here. Feel free to pump Depressionista for nice things I said about you.

Ask S for my e-mail address and of course you can call and/or write at any time. I would say, since S is in the middle here, she should be the one to set the ground rules, but I think we can all have a nice, fun, caring relationship with each other! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home