LilCherie'sWorld

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Mindless Entertainment

Over the last several days, I have enjoyed some real "mindless entertainment". Usually, I find myself always wanting to accomplish something, to have something tangible resulting from my actions. But I really have not given a shit lately. I'm blaming it on the impending full moon.

I have found myself sucked into a video game. This I blame on Depressionista's husband leaving a video game over here. It is called "Collums"--and it is the most mindless, easiest video game that I have encountered. It is very similiar to Tetris--only you cannot rotate the piece, you can only rotate the colors on the piece. You have to get atleast three of a certain color in a row, any direction, to clear the blocks off the screen. And I have to say that I have improved greatly at it over the last two days. The sick thing is that I spent about an hour playing it tonight while my husband and son played together. My excuse was that I had just gotten off of work and my husband is still on vacation so he had all day to goof off.

Another thing has been watching movies. One that I thought was going to be more mindless than it was--"Fast Times at Ridgemont High". Really that was a pretty fun, yet deep movie. And I was amazed at how much it reminded me of my youth. Not the "guys falling all over me" part. Unfortunately--or maybe fortunately, that was not part of my youth. But hanging out at the mall for fun and working at a movie theatre. It really was much better than I remembered it being.

I am currently working on my "dreams, hopes and aspirations for the new year". I may include doing more "mindless" activities on that list. I don't know...but now I think I am going to lay around some more. This has been way too productive....

2 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think mindless entertainment is really important, to tell you the truth. It kind of clears the mind. I often feel that if I'm doing all kinds of things at once, nothing is getting the full attention it deserves.

So perhaps your lesson, little grasshopper, is not just to play the videogame, but to really focus on and experience playing the videogame.

Deep, huh?

 
At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From someone who watched "Runaway Bride" not once but TWICE on TV over the holidays, I certainly identify with your post! It is not easy for me to admit the "guilty pleasures" of watching such crap-tastic movies, but I lift that fact up here, in a public arena, and I am sure to be made fun of at some future Girls Night.

Mindless video games are another indulgence of mine - mostly Guitar Hero on PS2, and a more recent addiction, an online role-playing game chock full of pop-culture references called "Kingdom of Loathing" (www.kingdomofloathing.com). I have very poor hand-eye coordination, so I like this game because you only need to be able to be able to read and move the mouse around.

Sometimes, the mindless things are the only things I am capable of doing functionally without either spiralling into a deep depression or grinding my teeth down to the roots with worry. All praise Mindless Entertainment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home