LilCherie'sWorld

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I'm a bloser baby.....

The title of today's post is my apology to Depressionista for not commenting on every post she has made...I am not as blogliterate as she is and I am still getting comfortable with the whole thing.

Anyway, I feel like I really WORKED today at my job. Not that I usally dont put an honest effort forth...but WOW. As I have said before, I pretty much facilitate meetings with family's to help them make plans to make sure their children are safe, etc. I have to admit that my job is not the bitch that it use to be when I had an ongoing caseload of 60-75 kids I had to make sure were safe on a daily basis. Now I just meet with families, talk about meetings, set them up then actually facilitate the meetings. I have been spoiled lately; I realized this morning. I had the meeting from hell. First of all there were about 15 people present. The parents are not together but are both extremely jealous of one another. Mom has some mental health issues of her own. Enough for it to be difficult to reason with her and for her to continually make snide remarks half under her breath the whole meeting. I spent almost two hours facilitating this meeting...It was constant redirection..."lets stay focused..."...."I understand you are angry and frustrated"..."but we really cant do much about that issue here today"....yada, yada, yada....It was truly emotionally draining. This meeting was bad enough that I decided that we needed to go to the Flying Weinie for lunch...for some reason I find their hotdogs and fries to be the most amazing comfort food. I dont know if there is a bit of a Freudian thing with that. So I drug my poor male coworker, M, and my work spouse, M, met me there. That was a damn good weinie!! It was one of those days that made me realize "hey, my job is not too bad usually!!"

3 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger Tingle said...

That sounds like an emotionally exhausting day. The Flying Wienie??? For real? You gotta take me there next visit.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Depressionista said...

Out of retribution, I'm not going to comment on this post. :-)

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Tingle said...

Love the term, "bloser" by the way, and your title!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home