LilCherie'sWorld

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Feelin' Groovy


I have to say that for the past several days I actually have been in a pretty good space. I'm not sure why. Perhaps, it is because I have an appointment at a psychiatrist's office on Friday. I got the gumption up to call and make the appointment. Is it like when you have an appointment to get your hair cut? Your hair looks like shit for days, then the day of the hair appointment, you wake up and your hair looks so damn awesome, you almost cancel the appointment. Well, I am not going to cancel the appointment. I am going to go and continue to admit that "I am a picker".

I have found myself feeling rather spirtitual lately. The imagery that is coming to mind is that I feel like a little girl, standing next to a big mountain and I am amazed at how big the mountain is. I feel like I am in "wonder" lately. I feel like I am a little tiny ant on this big huge planet. Its a thought, that if you take too far, can become a negative one. It could turn to the "I am so insignficant, why do I bother with anything?" thought on a dime. But right now I am really enjoying the mystery of it all.

Earlier this week, my husband and I watched "An Inconvenient Truth". At first, this was a downer for me. It reinforced pretty much all of my thoughts on the stupidity of humanity--on how can we continue to kill the planet that we live. And of course, I know that I contribute to it as much as everyone else with my moments of consumer whorism. But then I started thinking about how I try to put some effort forth already to do what I can. I recycle, I try to by used stuff. I am trying to tread a bit lighter on Earth. The other thing it did for me, is it made me notice that I am attuned to the planet more than I thought. Over the last several years, I have felt like the weather changes and all of the storms were not suppose to be happening as they were. That things are changing too quickly. It made me want to focus more on Paganism and taking care of this planet because this is all there really is for us.

I checked out a book from the library on journaling, Journaluation by Sandy Grason. The book is cool but I was more impressed by the publisher, New World Library. They print their books with soy based ink and 100% post consumer recycled paper. They use solar energy to power their offices and contribute to nonprofit oranizations. I found that to be inspirational and hopeful. Maybe more businesses will follow suit--so our great grandkids will have someplace to live.

4 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope I am more like You when I grow up.....(griz)...karmagirl

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was grinz not griz...........(laffing very hard )...karmagirl.

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you for making the appointment - I know you'll keep it, you're that kind of person. If you can put that you're a picker out there to the world on your blog, talking to someone about it behind closed doors will be a snap!

It's interesting to me that "An Inconvenient Truth" came out not too long after I blogged about the global warming thing when I was at that conference last March. Everything I heard at that conference is coming to the forefront because of that movie. It's a good thing that people are taking notice, because that conference scared the crap out of me about what we're doing to the planet, but at the same time, the scientists and speakers all said, "If we have the power to do this to our planet, we have the power to fix it." That gave me hope.

I have been subscribing to some neat magazines that have all these great ideas for living simply and organically and conserving our earth. I should bring some out next time I visit, they are pretty cool. Even the advertising is for stuff I can get behind.

It's great that we're all becoming more aware, it's so hard to do in these United States. I always say I'll eat completely organic when I'm a millionare - unfortunately, it's too expensive for me right now!

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, it's taken me awhile to come up with the energy to comment on this post. The scope of your entry has had me a little befuddled. I mean, it's so big! So if this doesn't make a lot of sense, please just know I'm trying very hard :-)

I have often had the "I am so insignificant" thought, but "An Inconvenient Truth" actually helped me out of it for some reason. I mean, I haven't chained myself to any trees lately but I have been a lot more aware of leaving my lights on and there's a lot more cardboard that's getting recycled at our house these days.

I think you are one of the more Earth-conscious people I know. You should be proud of yourself for the efforts you do make. It has been inspirational for me.

That's the best I can do. Could you post a good shit story or something for me next time???? :-)

love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home