LilCherie'sWorld

Sunday, January 13, 2008

The New Year--2008


Its been well over 8 months since I have posted anything. Where do you begin in this situation, anyway?? I have managed to keep the drama in my own life to a minimum. I figure I have enough of that at work.

My son started kindergarten this past fall. That has been a trip. In early December, I came upon an envelope stating "To the Parents of D" in very "teacher-like" handwriting. I open it up and it is a "Behavior Plan Sheet" from Dagan's principal that was from two weeks before. Somehow, it had gotten buried in his book bag and I never bothered to really dig. So of course, I felt like a real loser of a parent--not only did my kid get into trouble at school, enough to go to the principal's office but I didn't notice the note until two weeks later. Apparently, when a child gets in trouble at my son's school, they have to do one of these sheets where they describe the bad behavior and how they will change that behavior--through a drawing! There stood a stick figure with his hand sticking out with one little finger sticking up. My child gave another child "the bird" at lunch. Of course, I run to D and asked what happened. He said that this little girl pointed at him and he responded by "pointing" back at her. He didn't even realize that he had done what all of us adults know as flipping someone off...but now he knows!! I asked him if he was frightened about having to go to the principal's office and he said "no". Oh the beauty of blissful ignorance. Well, we got the "first trip to the principal's office" out of the way. If I was a bit more motivated, I would scan that "Behavior Plan Sheet" and post it on here....but for now you will just have to imagine it.

4 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Depressionista said...

The behavior plan sheet is awesome, and if you give me a copy, I will make sure it gets scanned and posted. It is too good to keep from the world at large.

I love this story and have gotten a lot of mileage out of it telling others!

I hope your next post will be about Christmas with your sister....

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger RadoMom said...

Rock on LilCherie! Someday I'll blog about my daughter and her friend playing the "dammit" game at pre-school. Or maybe I'll do the time she played "lets go to the liquor store to get suckers!".

No worries. We're all in the same boat and it can be pretty damn funny at times. Just surround yourself with those "Low Maintenence" friends and you'll have plenty to laugh about....

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the brown one? Hey I am reading and looking for info on you know what . I am afraid of even sayinh it in fear of Being found out!!! So i read good stories to fill me with happiness. thanksto Depressionista and lil cherie and itchy tingle to keep me sane.my l pioneer girl

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Tingle said...

This is truly a hilarious story - although I think I would also be furious that the teachers/principals would think it was anything more than innocence. Why don't they ask kids and listen to them? The drawing must be great, I have to see it! I hope you can post both the drawing and the "behavior plan." Hang in there, parenting is all about these types of things. It's wonderful that you can find the humor and innocence in it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home