LilCherie'sWorld

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Illness Everywhere

I have to say that it has been a relaxing weekend. I really have not done much of anything. We had "forced" relaxation. My son came down with 102 temp yesterday and it pretty much held steady through the day. I hate to admit this but sometimes its kind of nice when things get to slow down a bit when your kid is sick. The part that sucks in not knowing exactly what is wrong and hoping it is nothing life threatening. So yesterday evening was a bit nerve racking. But today we made the trip to Urgent Care. The Doc said that his right ear looked a bit infected and his throat was really red. The only thing he had been complaining of is a headache. My own diagnosis: He has had a cold for about two weeks. I think he really has a sinus infection that has been draining down his throat.

He seems to be feeling much better now...Still slow moving but over all, he is starting to get back to himself...doing things like farting, then laughing and saying "I farted".

5 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger Depressionista said...

What a bummer...glad he seems to be doing better though. Did he get some meds? I think your diagnosis sounds about right. Last time I saw him he did sound pretty stuffy. Poor little dude. Maybe you can talk to your regular doctor about some kind of preventive stuff when he gets a cold, like nose spray or a short dose of steroids or something.

Don't feel bad for enjoying the forced relaxation. Enjoy the silver lining when you can because you never know when it'll start to pour again!

I'll try to give you a call tomorrow (Monday). Hang in there!

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girlie, I am so glad your little guy is feeling better, and you did not ask but I will say that I tihnk Karma ia rearing it's ugly head in the illness department....and with that said (ewww).I shall say laterz......karmagirl.

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah......and I wish I could spell ( I am singing that last phrase to the tune of Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here....((god I need a life))...((laffing ))....), see ya soon, karmagirl.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Bensmasher said...

Such an awesome kid. Who'da thunk it?

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Tingle said...

Poor little dude! Although the resumed farting and laughing is definitely a good sign. Enjoy the relaxation while ya can!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home