LilCherie'sWorld

Friday, February 23, 2007

A Clogged Root Chakra..For the Love of the Gods

I intended to take yesterday off for the purposes of a "mental health day", to regroup after working a couple of full work weeks. My morning did not start the way that I wanted it to. It started at about 3am when my son woke up and felt "kind of warm". I gave him some Ibuprofen and he went back to sleep. I hate taking temps in the middle of the night because, first of all, my son gets really warm when he sleeps and I just hate to bother him with that then. So when he woke up at 7am, he wasn't hot any more. I was really, really hoping he was fine. I took him to preschool, with the thought in the back of my mind that he really had a fever and I just masked it with Ibuprofen. I told staff at preschool to keep an eye on him and to call my husband in the morning if there were any problems....because I had a massage scheduled about 30minutes away. I didn't mention that part but that was my reasoning. I hate mother guilt. Any other morning, if I would have dropped him off and just went to work, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal.

The massage was wonderful. The person I see for massages is great because she is very "wholistic". She always tells me about these great "visions" she has while giving me a massage. Lately, I have been having a lot of hip and lower back pain. She told me that she felt like my "power was bunched up in my first chakra"--which explains part of the hip pain. She gave me some great ideas for stretching my hamstrings and legs so that I can even out my pelvis. I have been rolling it under when I stand, causing me more pain. When I left, I felt like I had had a lot of "negative energy" squeezed out of me!

Then Depressionista went out for lunch, which was awesome and probably good because we more than likely will not be able to get together in person due to the crazy weather, sick children and being sick ourselves. Both of our weeks were kind of nuts so we could bitch to each other about the whole thing!

After lunch, I drive home and decide to take a nap. I get home around 2pm. At about 3pm, I hear, "mom are you up there" coming from downstairs. At which point, I am catapulted out of my relaxing afternoon. Apparently, preschool had called my husband and had him pick up our son because he had spiked a fever again. My kid really was sick. And I dumped him off that morning to go selfishly have a massage--shit.

Today, my husband and I split the day to take care of our kid. I went to work in the morning. I had a family meeting to do for a family that I had cancelled on previously because I had been sick. I came home and my husband went to work. I took our son to the doctor. The doctor took one look at his throat and diagnosed him with good ol' Strep Throat! My work spouse's kid had that earlier in the week. I got antibiotics for him and a prescription for myself as I am starting to feel shitty too--bit of a sore throat, headache, achey...and with the winter storm of 2007 coming at us I didn't want to have to worry about getting it tomorrow.

The nice thing is we have a whole weekend ahead of us with nothing planned and possibly being stuck at home. Its like a blank slate. I think I am going to be doing some more "healthy living" planning. Earlier this week, when it was much warmer out I started walking. My work spouse also gave me this great article on "indoor walking". Its designed for the individuals that don't feel comfortable going to the gym. It includes things like walking in place, kicks, etc. And you only need to do it for 30 minutes a day that can be broke up for 10 minutes at a time. I have been trying to take advantage of this when I am at work. My goal, at this point, is to become more physically active. I have signed up for a belly dancing class that starts in early April and I want to participate in a 5K walk/run to benefit crime survivors in middle April. I am hoping that these activities will keep me motivated.

2 Comments:

At 3:03 AM, Blogger Depressionista said...

Hey...I noticed you've got your little guy's real name up, so you might want to edit that out...

I hope you didn't feel too guilty. You know, there have to be times when we keep our kids home when they aren't really sick, so that has to even it out with the days we send them when they are!

Hmmm, a bunched up first chakra. Interesting. Let's meditate on that one next week at Girls' Night, which we MUST do no matter what happens. I need it really, really bad.

I hope you being motivated to be physically active will help me get motivated to be physically active. You are such a good influence ;)

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Tingle said...

I feel so bad for all of you going through so much sickness. I've also had my "run" - with the dreaded noro-virus and then a wicked cold. And would you believe that my throat is hurting as I write this?

Your massage therapist sounds awesome, I think I need that! Nothing like a good old "soul detox."

The indoor walking thing sounds interesting, you'll have to tell me more. I've tried some different exercise attempts - fitness tapes, pilates, walking - but I never can stick with it. You have more will power than me, I know you can do it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home