LilCherie'sWorld

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Best Birthday Ever...

I believe that I have had one of the best birthdays ever. I would like to thank all of my "sisters" who helped make it happen.

The festivities started last Friday with lunch at a new pizza place here in town. My work spouse and Karma Girl took me out for lunch. It was good food and conversation.

Friday night, my husband left town with a friend of his to sell some some merchandise at a big concert in Minnesota. So my son and I spent Friday evening at my work spouse's house. My son got to play with her children and I got to talk with her.

Saturday, I took my son to his grandparents home for an overnighter! They were so excited to have him and he was excited to go! It doesn't get any better than that. I came back home, stopped at the store and got snack items for the upcoming Girl's Night. I laid around the house that afternoon and started watching a really crazy John Waters movie, Desperate Living. A truly demented movie...as soon as you think you are adapting to how crazy it is it only gets crazier.

Then the girls arrived around 5pm, Depressionista and Pioneer Girl. They brought snacks and gifts. I got some way cool stuff. Pioneer got me this awesome statue at a consignment store. A man and a woman kissing, naked, I might add. She also gave me a collection of old knitting pattern books and knitting needles she got from the home of her recently deceased Aunt Barbie. Depressionata got me the Gopher. On our Walgreen's excursions we had encountered the Gopher. Depressionista decided that I needed it due to being "vertically challenged".

Then we started our entertainment for the evening--a double feature of bad exploitation films; Bad Girls Go to Hell and Another Day, Another Man. Lately I have been really enjoying the bad movies--they make for great mocking material and because they are from the 50s and 60s its like a whole different world. We played Boggle, ate food, sat around with no men in the house all night! It was great.

Of course, the biggest snow storm this year happens the night of my birthday, with just about every person I love having to be on the road the next day. My husband from Minnesota, my parents bringing my child back, Depressionista's husband had to come and pick him up. But they all reassured us that they could make it back fine while Depressionista and I got to do what we wanted all Sunday morning and early afternoon. I have to say, once we got passed the worrying it was a very pleasant time to ourselves. I started a knitting project. Depressionista did a very cool drawing. And we got the house very clean.

My parents arrived at my house. They had picked up my sister on the way over. She was in great form. We got to hear about all of her physical ailments, how her husband wants to move to Russia because he is a communist and he thinks we have "too much freedom here", continual questions regarding if my kid's ok. She was completely neurotic. And I was not alone it witnessing it. I have to say thanks, Depressionista, it took quite a load off of me!!

Yesterday, my work spouse gave me my birthday/Christmas presents. They were great. She got me the Amy Sedaris book, I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence. Absolutely love this book--it makes fun of everything. Crafts you can make out of pantyhose. How to cleanse your privates...its all there. She also gave me a metallic pens, paper, a handpainted box.

I just want to say to you all "thank you" so much for being great friends and "sisters" to me. You all mean so much. And I am looking forward to the next 36 years with you all!!

3 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right back at ya girl, I only wish I had been there Saturday....you too are an awesome friend, lotsa love, karmagirl.

 
At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad some of your other friends came through with better gifts than I managed!!! That's the cool thing about our relationship, though--I know you still love me even if you only get the Gopher for your birthday! If I see anything cool here in Cleveland I'll pick it up for you!

I had a great time at your birthday too. I have to say one of the best parts of the whole thing was witnessing your sister in all her neurotic glory...holy god, it's really amazing. It was like being an extra in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest or something. Wow. I know it might be difficult to "go there" but it would really be interesting to see a whole post on your sister.

Thanks for sharing your birthday--and your life--with me. I love you!

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I would have stayed so I could have met demented sister.I have heard so much about her. Yes, I too had a great time at the bday it is always fun to unwind with the sisters. lots of love, pioneer girl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home