LilCherie'sWorld

Monday, January 28, 2008

My 37th Birthday


I had a great birthday this year. In all realms, it really was one of the best. My actual b-day day was a week ago Sunday, Jan 20th. I had Depressionista and Pioneer Girl over. We started the evening off at Michael's Craft store. They were having 40% off sticker sale! We went nuts. Depresisonista had a gift card. We bought stuff to decorate bird houses later in the evening. Then we went to Biaggis for a fine dining experience. I should back track a moment. Depressionista brought some cakes for my birthday of her own creation--something we had discussed before but she made it a reality...Afro-American Vulva Cake--to say it in the most politcally correct manner. You can only imagine what we really call this cake and you can email me if you want the real, official title for this. Anyway, its a chocolate cake, with the top cut out and layered up a bit with some sort of red fruit filling and whip cream in the middle and the most delicious fudge frosting....she brought two, one raspberry and one cherry. So anyway--we were telling our poor cute young male waiter, Bartholomew (spelling??) about the cake we had at home and went into some detail. He said "I gotta go back into the kitchen and throw up now!!" It was a yummy dinner!

Then we went to Barnes and Noble for s0me uninterrupted time at the book store! Followed by our regular junk food run to Walgreens!

Then we came back to my place and hung out. And I got my presents! They all were awesome!! Pioneer girl gave me a home made apron--50's style done in pink and black skull pattern with LilCherie monogrammed on it--I absolutely love it. She also gave me a charm bracelet, flamingo kleenex pack for my purse and funny cartoon notepads. This year Depressionista really outdid herself. I don't know if I will get everything written down but Depressionista went through our Snickle Snackle chronicles and found several ideas that we had written down previously and made them realities--she made me a pair of Grumpy Pants, my "fat american woman with period" t-shirt, my "this is art!" stickers that I can put next to my collages, the Thomas Kincade Crack House post card, and other things that are just too personal post. I have to say that I loved everything I got...And I was so impressed with how much energy both Pioneer Girl and Depressionista put into my birthday!! You guys are the best! I LOVE YOU BOTH!!

I had myB-day family visit yesterday....which was great--but I don't have enough energy to post that as well....so that will have to be another day.

4 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Depressionista said...

Aw, you're such a sweetie! I love you too! I had SO MUCH FUN making that present for you, honestly. I'm already wracking my brain to figure out what to do for next year. I suppose anything will be kind of a letdown after THAT! :) Oh well, that's part of the beauty of you--you're so easy to please that it makes pleasing you pleasure!

So glad I got to be a part of your birthday...and most of your 37 years!

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I am glad that you had such a great time celebrating.
Take Care,
Tina in TN

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, kicking the car tire in grumpy pants, I see a cartoon in the making. You didn't use the foot with the old cyst on it? curse the gods it might come back.. Love you pioneer girl

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Tingle said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sorry I didn't get around to e-mailing you before now, but I do have a gift for you, I should probably just mail it since who knows when I'll get out there again (when the ice thaws, probably).

When Depressionista was telling me about this cake, I was both thoroughly amused and horrified! I bet it was awesome!

Oh the Thomas Kinkade Crack House! I got to see that when Depressionista was designing it. That's brilliant! Can't wait to see the "Grumpy Pants" and the apron sounds awesome, too!

Happy Day, LilCherie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home